Monday, February 17, 2014

Date Night Jar





This year, Drew and I decided to keep it pretty low-key for Valentine's Day.  When I asked him what he wanted, he said an iTunes gift card.  Super romantic, huh?  Since I almost always "make" Drew something for holidays, I wanted to come up with something sweet to counter the generic gift he requested.  In comes the Date Jar.


Like most couples, we sometimes get in a rut when it comes to dates.  We go eat at the same restaurants, then rent a movie, but it's nice to break out of the (Red) box every now and then.  Hobby Lobby had everything I needed to make this super cute, personalized gift.


Supplies:
Glass Jar
Artist Trading Cards (I bought two packs that had 15 cards each.)
Pens
Scrapbook Sticker(s) - I searched through this sections for an hour before I found the "perfect" sticker.


How To:
I began by separating the cards.  I knew I wanted to include more and less expensive date ideas, so I used the cards with phrases written on them to make the distinction.  I then folded each card in half, wrote the date suggestions on the bottom section, and popped it into the jar.  When I had written the last card, I applied the sticker.  I thought the sticker "Memory in the Making" was a perfect fit.


Some of the dates I came up with were:
-feed the ducks at Ballard Park
-try a restaurant we've never tried before
-board game night
-Drew cooks dinner
-trip to the Memphis Zoo
-trip to Graceland


Pretty simple project, right?  Drew really liked it, although he says he can see us picking through the date ideas instead of just doing whatever we pick first.  I was really pleased with how it turned out, especially since I got this amazing gift:


How was your Valentine's Day?  Did you make any love-inspired crafts?

No comments:

Post a Comment