Monday, June 8, 2015

When Was the Last Time I Used My Kitchen???

Source
So in this post, I mentioned that we are trying to reduce our spending in several different categories.  The very first one I saw that had an opportunity for improvement was our eating out budget.

We go out to eat a lot.  One or two times a week for lunch, two or three times for dinner.  That adds up to a whopping 9% of our monthly spending.  That's more than my car payment.  Pretty ridiculous, right?

So how exactly do we go about reducing this spending?  Going out to dinner is so convenient and our "date" of choice.

We plan to limit our dining out to lunch one day a week and dinner one day a week.  We'll cook new recipes and get creative with dates.  I'll also keep some easy meals and hopefully make up a few freezer meals too.  Each week, I'll check in to share how we did.   Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment