Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year's!

Happy New Year's, from our family to yours! We rung in 2014 by watching a couple episodes of Doctor Who and watching fireworks from our window.  The pups handled it pretty well, and Daphne loved the "kissing" part of the holiday.  (Aren't puppy kisses the best?!)

Just like everyone else, we've come up with a couple of goals for this year.

Here's my list:
  • lose weight - Isn't that on everyone's list??
  • run 1/2 marathon
  • study my Bible daily - I got the Chronological Life Application Study Bible last year and haven't made time to study it like I should.
  • keep a clean house - I've already made up a daily cleaning schedule.  You know I love lists and schedules!
  • read more - I love reading, but again, hardly make the time I should. 
  • watch less TV - This goes with the one above.  I find myself watching stuff that I really don't even care about.  Dance Moms marathons, anyone?
  • play piano again - I took piano lessons all growing up, but it became less of a priority when I started high school.  
  • learn to play guitar - I got Drew Rocksmith for Christmas.  It's kind of like a video game, but it teaches you to play.  I think it'll be fun!
  • scrapbook! - Again, one of those things that I just never make time for.  Mom bought me a Cricut for Christmas this year, so that should give me some motivation.
  • decorate the house - I'm determined to make our new home look less "builder basic."  I've come up with a schedule to tackle different areas of the house all throughout the year.
  • keep up the blog! - I don't know why, but I love the idea of writing a blog.  Whenever I read them, they just seem so fun.  This is the third (I know) time I've tried to do this, so here's to commitment in 2014!
Drew's list is a little shorter:
  • run a marathon - He's first 1/2 marathon was last December.  
  • get better at guitar - He's taking the Rocksmith 60 day challenge.  We'll let you know how it goes.
  • take up biking - He said running is getting a little mundane and taking up biking seems fun.
  • lose weight - Again, isn't this on everyone's list?

I even come up with some resolutions for the dogs:
  • no more accidents in the house
  • no more breaking out of the kennel
  • listen to what Mom and Dad say all the time

I think Dexter and Daphne might have the hardest time keeping their resolutions. :)

What are your resolutions for 2014?

No comments:

Post a Comment